- Cabinet reimposes Covid restriction’s
- Coving 19 infections may surge in the next 10 to 14 days says doctor Al Khal
- Active cases of COVID-19 up by 190 to 13,566
@MOPHQatar @PeninsulaQatar @GulfTimes_Qatar @Qatar_Tribune
#Doha #Qatar #News in 60 Seconds – Thursday 25th March 2021 S1E313
It’s Thursday 25th March
In today’s newspapers
Cabinet reimposes Covid restriction’s
The new measures are to come into force tomorrow.
- 20% of government and private sector staff to work from home.
- Mosques will be open for daily and Friday prayers.
- Metro capacity reduced to 20% on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Commercial complexes to operate at 30% capacity.
- Children below the age of 12 not allowed in malls.
- Driving schools to remain closed and cinema capacity cut to 20%.
- Blended education to continue at the current level.
- Attendance at meetings in both government and private sectors restricted to five people.
- All weddings both indoors and outdoors are prohibited.
- Private health facilities will operate at 70% capacity.
- Restaurants and cafes to serve food and drinks at a maximum capacity of 15% for indoors and 30% in open spaces.
Covid-19 infections may surge in the next 10 to 14 days says doctor Al Khal
Qatar is now witnessing a wave of Corona virus infections that may surge in the next 10 to 14 days.
“The number of COVID-19 cases is not decreasing despite the measures in place currently. Seven people have died due to COVID-19 in the past seven days.”
“Over the past two weeks the COVID-19 situation has become worse as more people fall sick and need to be admitted to hospitals with severe illnesses. In the past week the rate of daily cases has increased, and it is clear that we are in the second wave of the virus. We are now seeing over 500 new cases every day and it is likely the number will increase over the next 10 to 14 days” said doctor Al Khal.
Qatar’s weather today
Doha will see temperatures between 23 and 34 degrees. Elsewhere in the country it will be between 17 and 41 degrees.
Now today’s COVID update.
In the last 24-hour period, there have been 570 new cases of COVID-19 and 377 recoveries. Unfortunately, there were also 3 Covid related death. Which means there’s been an increase of 190 cases giving us a new current total of 13,566 active cases.
Access Marhaba e-Guides here – http://bit.ly/2HQ7MwoeGuides
Sources @MOPHQatar @PeninsulaQatar @GulfTimes_Qatar @Qatar_Tribune
#QatarQuick #Newsin60Seconds #qatarnews #qatarquick #marhaba #voiceover #today #dohaqatar #dohalife #dohacity #dohaqatar🇶🇦 #qatarlife #qatarnews #dohanews #gulftimes #dohainstagram #HelloDoha #qatarinstagram #qataria #qatar_shopping #COVID #COVID-19 #stayhome #socialdistancing #visitqatar
Qatar News in 60 Seconds Launched on Wednesday April 8th 2020 originally titled ‘News Brief by Qatar Quick’ https://youtu.be/fXxufvGfzYg